Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Discontinued Glitter Part 1

This is part one of two parts.

I found these at the Dollar Tree. They are from a discontinued line of Sally Hansen "Limited Edition" of glitter polishes.
These are sheer "jelly" based colors filled with holographic and silver glitter, larger and smaller respectively.
They are three coats each, and you can see in the clear based one how stained my nails are.

I had just cut down my nails because I chipped three of them, so it's a raw and rugged manicure.

How I did it? Well, on the Makeup Alley nail board they call it "pic spam", so I just slapped on polish, and before it really dried, I rubbed it off and cleaned it with remover. It was a heady,  fume-y time, that's for sure!

Here they are!

Nuclear
Golden yellow jelly base.
Like baby poo, really. Not much else to say. I think you can get away with a lot of strangeness when you add glitter to something! I can't imagine why these were job lotted! :D


Wired
Another 'doopy' inspired color. Light brown?
But, hey! GLITTAH!!!



Hologem
Clear base.



Cyber
A leaf green base. Pretty nice. My third favorite of this group.



Radar
Puce. I love that. It's a purple-y brown with lots of oomph.



Laser
The last of this batch, and the best. Bright, fresh and red with the glitter. I love it. Looks like sugar art on my nails.



There you have it!

These went on very easily, the glitter isn't dense so three coats still looked pretty bare, glitter wise, however, they will be fun layering polishes, especially the clear. The browns and yellows are a little wacky, but I don't mind wacky!

Batch swatching is fun! I really get a feel for my polishes and I know what is out there!
More weekend projects to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D