Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Money, Success, and Layering

Green, green, green. I love it.

Here is a great one, Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy High Stakes:



Two coats of a cool mountain green. These are great for stamping and I pulled this one out of the stamping drawer to wear.

No top coat here, but lots of love. A faint shimmer visible on the bottle, but not really on the nail, unless I give it the blast of light.

Still found on eBay, and worth the price.


I topped it with ILNP Success:


Bright grass green to silver shift, that has a pink shift in there, too. Not really easy to see. 

This is two coats, and I love ILNP, but sometimes they don't make the most dense flakies. The now closed Indigo Bananas really was the best at this. As a topper, it's just right. If you need coverage, you need to sponge the flakies on.


I did put them over white to see them a bit better:


Two coats again. The green to silver is super apparent, but the pink is really toward the tips and more difficult to see in my photo.

I've got a color corrected Lumi cube that has been a blast, but shifty polishes are still a bit of a challenge.

I recommend hunting down the old Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy, I think only a couple haven't been able to be used as stamping polishes and the formula is both easy to work with and dries much better than the old Revlon formula. Now they've rebooted the line: fewer polishes and a new label. They've added another one called HD Snap!, which seems like a quick dry type in bright colors.

Meanwhile ILNP still has Success and eBay is your stop for old Revlon Gel Envy.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!


1 comment:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D