Friday, March 12, 2021

Into the Woods

The thing that really got indies off the ground was the world of glitter. 

It seems to have been surpassed these days by multichromes and flakies, but there are a lot of neat ones still around and some oldies that are worth finding.

Here's a lovely oldie from Emily de Molly, Black Forest:


Two coats over black base. No top coat.

This has a fairly sheer crelly base that is fairly dense with pine green to emerald glitters. 

While it does take a little bit of work to situate the glitters, there is adequate coverage and it's so beautiful as a result: the black doesn't mar the green glitter at all, though it adds a smoky effect on the lower layer. Quite beautiful.

I think a glitter filling topcoat would have been a good bet.


I did decide to top it with a matte topcoat: old NYC matte. 



Wow. Just perfect! Glowing!

What you can't see is how as I move my fingers though the light some of the glitter almost disappears into the dark base, them pops out again in a luminous glow. Delightful!

This polish is about from 2012, so it's an early one.

Might be around on a blog sale.

I recommend it over a vamp or a black, I think the base is translucent enough to let a bright navy, maroon, or even forest green shine through. 

A little treasure.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the glory days of glitter ... I remember them well. This one is a great example of the trend then.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D