Saturday, March 27, 2021

Fair Neon Green

Let's jump in.

Fair Maiden Limey Bean:


Neon green fluorescent shade with a red/orange to green flakie (the traditional flakie) that is densely packed and has some large enough sizes to show up with a pop.

Now a few caveats. I did put mine over white. It is definitely a BRIGHT LIME GREEN that makes no apologies. Love it!

It needed 4 coats to get real opacity, but I think three might have done well enough. 

I'd almost be upset if the formula wasn't so absolutely great. I mean GREAT. You all know I wrestle with stuff that won't dry on me, but does well on others. Well I am wearing the heck out of this baby and zero tip wear (my biggest bugaboo with natural nails) and not a dents.

My layers are:
  • Two coats of a ridgefiller frankened with a nude
  • Two coats of white frankened with a base coat to sheer it out very slightly and make managing the polish better. 
  • Four coats of Fair Maiden Limey Bean
That is a lot of coats. I know. 

On my left hand the ridges on my ring finger are so popping that this didn't even do a good job, but on my right hand all is well.

Normally I would have given up and trashed it because I know I would have gotten a mark, a scrape, or a dent in the polish, but no, nothing. 

Neons are tricky as can be and this one is in the realm, but Fair Maidens formula dried well, never got fussy over the top of the ridgefiller (thin applications and dried well) and the white polish (same process).

YAY!!!

This was from the Polish Pickup from May 2020. A bright spot in a dark year.

It may show up on a blog sale or or facebook destach post. I really recommend this a lot. I have a handful of neons in comparison to many of the polishes I own and that's because they are not really giving me much win.

Thanks again for reading my little nail polish journal.


1 comment:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D