Thursday, October 3, 2019

Glistening Mauve Comparison

I find that I tend to buy dupes. I think the more I wear my untrieds, the less I will do this. I hope.

(Tell that to the drawer full of periwinkle polishes!)


Here's a follow up on the Pretty Serious Toxic Tiara post from a while ago.


I pulled out all the similar polishes (there are probably more if I think about it!) and wanted to compare.

Here we go!


Left to right:
OPI It's My Year
Orly Leading Lady
Zoya Faye
Pretty Serious Toxic Tiara

All are three coats.

Some thoughts.
OPI is a stellar formula, lots of balance between that mauve shade and gold shimmer glass fleck. It is the closest to Toxic Tiara, who has a slower-to-dry formula on me.

I personally adore Orly Leading Lady. This is part of some "two step" system I have no idea about. I saw it at TJ Maxx and though it might be a gel (this was before I had a lamp). It's not and it's great. I love this one a lot. Looks better in person. So much life to it. Zazzy!

Zoya Faye is a beauty and the strongest with the gold glass fleck. It moves almost into a brown category in some lights, though I don't hate it at all.

More pix!


There is a blue undertone to OPI It's My Year, so it holds itself well with the rich gold. I love it so much. I like it a wee bit better than the Pretty Serious Toxic Tiara because it seems to have more life to it, though that could be part of the translucency of the base letting light pour through.



You can see the shimmer here. I have to say the Orly had some crazy beautiful going on, but OPI held its own.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

I wanted to add a quick note on camera and Polygel.

Camera
I went back to using my Lumix by Panisonic more often as it does a better job with skintones and dealing with light, better range shall I say.
I love it a lot, it's been a workhorse and doesn't need the correction as much.

Polygel
I'm taking some time off with Polygel, still. I am keen to get back into it, but have been a bit busy. 

1 comment:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D