Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Old Polishes Making New Layerings

Normally I try to hit the new stuff, but sometimes I want to share the old stuff. I do that a lot on this blog, so this isn't the home of latest and greatest ever, really.

I have blogged Rimmel Steel Grey before as well as Sally Hansen Take The Leap, in fact, the Sally Hansen has had two outings!

Here is the combo:


My goal was to find a base that would work with this not wholly transparent topper.

I love this a lot.

It's three coats of Rimmel (a total favorite liver-y shade of taupe) and a couple coats of Take The Leap.

Then I added a matte top coat (Old NYC, now discontinued).

It reminds me of a cloudy day, evening, it's late winter, it will snow, but the dusk still has let the purple creep in before it's dark.

Winter has been hard for many, even if it's a late one. We have a phenomenon around here called the February Fake Out. Normally winter, well winter: snow, wind, cold, dark. Then in February there is this spate of springtime that just makes me love it around here. I wash my heavy down coats, I nearly put my thermals away. Then March trots in and reminds me that my notions of spring are cockeyed and to put my coat on.

This winter we had a balmy, mild one, then February just lost its mind. It's still in need of a back rub and a good talking to.

Meanwhile this polish fits the dreary bill.




Polygel Notes

Much flatter, though it's not super apparent, and shorter, too.

I've been bolder about replacing things that lift and even more bold about filing. Own it, basically, not pussyfooting around to get a better shape.

It's still hard with the non-dominant hand, but we are working around it.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D