Friday, October 12, 2018

Taffeta Darling, by Indigo Bananas

Let's get to it!

Indigo Bananas is a fabulous indie with a great eye and a fun suitcase of ideas I love to see get unpacked.

Here's an oldie, Taffeta Darling.


A grayed down gentle lavender that is composed of a glass fleck and a holo that is called a "glass fleck holo chrome".

Still available, by the way on the Indigo Bananas site.

It's so dusty and gentle, it reminds me of the hand tinted photos of grandmother in her suits in those impossibly perfect outfits people wore for simple errand running and shopping.

In the shade you can see the chrome a lot more.


I think my photos just don't do it justice, but it's not a purple monster, it's so delightfully demure by comparison to many others.

My nails were still growing out ans showing the hard won effort of my enthusiastic filling to get this long.

Pure delight wearing this guy.


I thought I'd stamp over the top using Hard Candy Rumor Mill.


While I am not 100% sure I like the intensity of the design, or the shade. I like how the holo peeks out. I don't know if I will add Rumor Mill to stamping polishes yet. It did handle pretty well, but it's not opaque so it feels a little muddy.

Meanwhile here's the delightful plate:


Found on eBay and a really nice bunch of designs. I used the square in the top center, it's so big, but really worked out.


Altogether I love how Indigo Bananas made this finish and used such a subtle shade of almost oyster purple.

I think this plate may no longer on eBay, but the water marbling design is plenty available with a simple search. There are many of these designs around, too, which is pretty neat.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D