Thursday, March 1, 2018

As Events Turned Out...

Where to begin.

Reaching back to put my hood over my head in the snowiest late winter day I've seen in a long time, I bent my nail.

Nothing bloody, just awful feeling.

Over the next week I began removing Polygel.

So here's the thing: between my filing and polygel contracting as it's dried, my nails are really in super bad shape. When it contracted it cracked my nails and bent them in ways they never grow. For example: a nail would have a strong C curve looking at it from the front, but the tip itself would curl upward. Cracks in the infrastructure are just not pretty.

Super not fun.

The one nails that had the bend is just not pretty, but I can see file lines, it's not pretty.

And, seemingly hard to understand, because the nail is now more thin, moisture seems to get through the nail and cause virtually every single polish I put on to bubble.

So be warned. Things are uneven and bubbly. It's going to be a long few months.



Greens for March is my favorite, so I want to carry on a bit.

Here is Azature Eucalyptus Diamond.


First off, two coats and no top coat.
A glorious, luminescent olive green. 

I found the formula a bit brushstroke-y and somewhat thick, which is better than too thin. I did have some spill into the cuticles, but not much.

My biggest complaint: the brush!!! It was a scraggly mess. At least 3-5 hairs sticking out left right and center. Plus the brush wasn't laying smoothly, it was thick and bunchy at the bottom. 

I can't understand why a brand that tries to be in the luxury realm would have such a nasty brush. 

I bought mine in 2015, on sale for $6 a bottle. Normally they are $25 (!). I think if you follow the sight through email or social media you will find deals.
Personally I have enjoyed the colors I chose, but I seem to find the nouveau riche aesthetic and the phony "black diamond" nonsense just far too much marketing and huzzah. (black diamonds? Seriously? That's a dirty diamond basically you get the strength but zero fire. Yes it has its place in jewelry, but let's not toy with why people love diamonds: the fire)

Ok. Back on track.

I am loving this color, but for now I am backburnering (is that a word?) them for any purchases.

I'll talk more about my post-polygel nails in my next post.

Sigh.

So bummed.

Thanks for reading my little nail journal!
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D