Monday, April 3, 2017

Silky Roses

I thought I'd blogged China Glaze Swanky Silk, but apparently no....so let's go!


Two coats over black. No top coats.
It shifts from a bronzed gold into a pretty soft rose pink.

I love the shift, but it's not pronounced. This collection came out in 2012 and was notworthy for it's lack of real color shift and the fact that it was a duochrome collection at all.

Some bloggers were able to make the color shift squeal and really jammed out some amazing photos. Well, as someone with a number of duochromes, I don't want to contort myself into lighting to get a scant shift that doesn't seem very generous.

I thought I'd try it over black to bring out some of the zip, I think it helped, but my nails are fairly flat, so I don't get a lot of that action that's in the bottle.


I then tried it as a stamping polish over China Glaze Giver's Theme (very unlike China Glaze: a literal relabel of a polish I have in my drawer!)


This is with an Emily de Molly plate 05. These plates are amazing. I love them: precise and easy to get a great image.

The polish, however, sucked at the intended job. So it's not a crossover polish by any stretch of the imagination.

China Glaze seems to not make a two coater. Giver's Theme needed three, though the intensity and beauty of this shade once completely finished is hard to argue with: I love this one.

Swanky Silk, what do do with you?  I hate to burrow you away in a drawer. I might try water marbling with it.
Maybe stamp it over a black or navy. That would be interesting!
I always think of these things after I am blogging!!
:D

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D