Friday, March 25, 2016

Greens for March: Sally Hansen Frost Freeze Reborn

I want to do more with duo chrome stamping so I pulled out Sally Hansen Color Fast! Frost Freeze. I blogged it here. It's an old big 3 polish that is hard to wear because it is thick and yet needs three coats. It reminds me of a 1930's color scheme.

I'm not wearing it. So, time to try it out in another iteration. I thought I'd try it out in a vintage textile look.

Sally Hansen Frost Freeze over Maybelline Sandstorm


Sandstorm is a lovely pale tan. It took a solid four coats with my ridged nails, so three and a ridge filler or three if you don't have ridges. I did dry well, though, so yay on that point. 

Let's talk about Frost Freeze, it stamped beautifully. This is my favorite kind of stamping. So subtle and yet so pretty. 


Though I tried to pick up that pink shimmer that you can see in my original post, I could not. 

Almost so subtle you could wear it to a conservative office. Well, maybe. I can't see Ruth Bader Ginsburg, but maaaaaybe Sonia Sotomayor. Though Antonin Scalia could probably get away with a holo, let's be honest. 

Back to the polish. Was so glad that I tried it over black (a Pure Ice I've rebottled and don't recall the name)


Wow! The pink shimmer is there. Wow! I was very surprised. Pleasantly! Can I say wow again? I think I will! Wow!!

Can't find the Color Fast line on eBay, but Maybelline Sandstorm is there. Sandstorm was limited edition, but that's just what I read on the label. ;D

The plates are Bundle Monster: BM16 for the pink over black, but not the revision one available on the site, though this pattern is available on that plate. BM19 for the green leaves. BM19 has also been revised on Bundle Monster and this pattern is not on it any more, which is a bummer, but I think it's not hard to find something similar.



Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal! 

3 comments:

  1. If I am following correctly that is the same color for both stamps? I realize duo chrome will be very different over light and dark bases, but wow!?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D