Sunday, March 27, 2016

Greens for March: Gem Green by CQ

So out of the drug store milieu of nail polish shopping, that I didn't even know that Scherer nail polish had gone out of business back in 2013 until I started writing this post. Very sad.

Scherer made some duo chromes called Chameleons (I moved most of mine along because I could not make the formula work for me, despite their innate beauty), as well as CQ and Petites. Little workhorse lines of polish that sat quietly in the back aisles of my local store and never putting out special displays to get people excited about them. All quietly doing great little jobs at a price point about 1/2 of Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line. Drat. I adore every one of my CQ polishes and Petites.

I tip my hat to them.

Here is Gem Green


Three coats over nude nails and the mint shimmer is full of holo as well.  No top coat and the holo on my indoor, daylight corrected lamp was not really showing up. The bottom photo is a flash and even then I could not coax it into camera readiness. Fortunately it is a pretty stand alone topper. To enhance this in future wearings I would wear a ridge filler and a solid nude base, then its sheerness would not be an issue.

Tried it over Color Club After Hours.


With the sun hitting it smack dab in the face, the scattered holo came out to play.

I did wear this for several days and you can see a small chip on my ring finger.
Plus a bit of tip wear, too.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D