Saturday, September 5, 2015

Shiny

There. I admit it. I just binge watched Firefly. Kind of wonder if it was a bit ahead of its time. I am sure if it had not been on the Fox network, that the internet tv, Netflix, Hulu, etc, would have offered a home for its gallows humor and intense characterization. You finish wanting more. Rare, since I'm a cinephile and not really into TV much at all.

Meanwhile, I wanted to usher in some autumnal manis and wanted to pay homage to a blogger who no longer blogs, but left a big wake of beautiful manis.

Chloe's Nails as a blog is now inactive, but there were some genius matte/shiny nail art I wanted to try. Try I did.

Here's a link to one post that has, unfortunately, had the photo stolen and is frequently seen on eBay (that's why I don't suggest ever buying from sellers who used stolen photos, scum)

My efforts aren't quite as perfect, but here's a shot:


The base is a no name Markwin's polish I found at Ross back in 2009 or '10. It's been rebottled into an old Essie, but make no mistake, it's just as good. Three coats. On my ring finger you can see a bit more of the deep plum.

I mattified it with New York Color matte top coat. Cheap and effective.

I then stamped it with Pueen Sumptuous Elements plate 02. I used Milani black nail striping polish, which doesn't an ok job, but I think I am learning to mellow on the scraping intensity, too. 

Hope you enjoyed! And definitely take a peek at Chloe's blog, she is an artisan and hope picks it up again.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. I like the matte nail/shiny stamp!

    We didn't see Firefly during original airing, not sure when we caught up on it exactly....or the movie, Serenity. That will cap your binge viewing of Firefly series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I have seen the movie and I can't abide by Wash or Book being dead.

      Wrong!!!

      :D

      Thanks sweetie!

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say that I love reading your blog!

    Firefly and Joss Whedon were indeed ahead of their time. Hang your head in shame, Fox.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D