Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mid Mod Stamping

I came of age just as the last gasps of this aesthetic were easing on down the road.

At it's best it's clean Danish design, at its worst it was shag rugs and "Big Eyes."





Three coats of Color Club High Society, a beautiful mousy taupe, topped with Milani Hot Orchid.

Stamped with Pueen Sumptuous Elements plate 05.

I blogged High Society back here, and found it at Ross back in the Color Club hey day.
This was part of the Rebel Debutante collection by Color Club.

Milani Hot Orchid is part of their discontinued line, I found mine at the dollar tree and it is currently on eBay as well as some other locations around the interwebz. As a stamping polish, this has to be a top ten: great color, great coverage and a pretty metallic finish. Much win.

This shade combination reminds me of those 1950's dresses with piping accents.








Three coats of Color Club Yachty Yachty Yadda topped with Pueen plate 04.

The stamping polish is a Milani striping polish, which isn't bad, but I think could be deeper black.

This is Pueen Sumptuous Elements Plate 04.

YYY by Color Club is quite a nice pink: cool to medium leaning and in three coats smooths out very well. I blogged it here.

Love the sharp, mod colors of this one.



Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. Love them both, especially the first one! The stamps are so fun! I appreciate you saying the plates in case I want to hunt them down..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D