Monday, July 6, 2015

Nudes for Nubs

Had to cut my nails down and wanted to experiment with some nude shades that might be fun to wear until I get a little length on them.

Four nudes and I will say that I haven't had my nails this short in a while, be forewarned!

Nude is a relative term. In my case it's a little more yellow and, this time of year, somewhat more tanned.

It varies with individuals so "nudes" is qualified.




Bonita no name


A Bonita that was in a 6 pack from Ross. Looks very similar to OPI Samoan Sand, but I didn't do a comparison. Not sure if these are still at Ross, I found these in late winter and rarely see any polish that's halfway decent any more. It's a shame.

Three coats, no top coat and probably could do two coats, it's a lovely formula. Love it!




Milani Creme Brûlée


This is a super sheer four coater and no top coat. I think to make it work a ridge filler would be in order.

These are often at Dollar Tree but so sheer.

I am moving it into a color corrector base coat since staining is almost a permanent status and while I am often using whitening toothpaste, sometimes it's just handy to have something to correct it with a quick base coat.




LDL Elle Elle 227


This is from those 9-packs at Ross back in 2009 or 2010.

This is three coats with a top coat. I think it's a bit of a butthead of a formula, despite this photo, it didn't self-level and it was fairly uneven. Rather a difficult polish.




Sally Hansen Crystal Chrome Champagne Crystal


This is an old Dollar Tree find. Unfortunately it's a "crystal" chrome and so it has a frosty, brushstroke-y chrome that seems to be less of a chrome and more of a metallic pearl.

When your nails are about 8 by 6 mm, this kind of polish can be super challenging to apply.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D