Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Blue Water Chrome

Ah....summer.

Here's a deep water blue that reminds me of an evening in the Maldives.


Old Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup for the win! Two coats and no top coat.

Found either at the Dollar Tree or on eBay, not sure which, but a perfect peacock blue. No ridge filler and might as well be a one coater. Love it.


Here it is topped with a L.A. Colors version of OPI's Last Friday Night


This was one of those polishes that was super thick and rather smelly. This Color Craze is 3-free and didn't seem a happy camper.
So, I bunged it out in the sun to evaporate. Fast forward that evening I had both evaporation and the top 1/3rd of the polish had lost all pigmentation. ACK! So I took a Pure Ice blue glass fleck and poured some in as I thinned it out. The result is that it's back in business with the blue, but a thinner more useful formula to layer on glitter.

This is two coats and no top coat. Love the result.


Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty indeed. I love the color and finish. I think its really worth the try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I think I need to get into the habit of wearing a ridge filler on the chromes, it serves them a lot better!

      :D

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D