Friday, May 29, 2015

Cutting Sally Hansen A Break Part 2

Rustling out some old polishes that I really slammed when I first blogged them.

Here is part 1

So, to recap....

  • No flying solo
  • Two coats only over another polish
  • Better understanding of what these polishes are about
  • A couple never blogged, and one gone. I didn't know I'd given/sold it until just now when I pulled the old page
  • Silver glitter through each of them is disconcerting but not the deal breaker it once was
  • Quick Dry Top Coat - your friend
  • Yes, you can buy these (and more!) on eBay. Still.


On to the polishes!




Sally Hansen Money Bags Frost over OPI Jade is the New Black


This is that glistening shimmer/frost combo. Unfortunately it's a bit patchy. Ubiquitous silver glitter among the frostiness. I think a lighter green would have made a stronger showing. Mea culpa.

I don't have a swatch of Jade is the New Black, but blogged it here, and it's featured again in a comp pretty soon.





Sally Hansen Make-A-Mint Frost over Milani Key Lime Shine


Extremely frosty, but this is another favorite of mine. Love the cool seafood green amongst the golden shimmering undertones. I think I've blogged Key Lime Shine before here, and it's a favorite of mine. Recommend it for everyone.
I think I've also blogged Make-A-Mint Frost as well. I will say it does better over the lighter base. Much better. I blogged it over a darker one. Not a win.





Sally Hansen Pompous Plum Frost over Orly Charged Up


Blue violet shade that is pretty in the bottle, but full on frost over the nail. If you love that icy sheen of a snappy cold winter day, you'll love this frosty baby.

Orly Charged Up is a gorgeous polish. Very unique.


Love it! It's a beauty.





Sally Hansen Blue Chip Frost over Color Club Blue-Ming


This one was hard to photograph. It has, besides the frost, a pretty blue shimmer, which some of the darker photos showed up, but they were under-exposed and wouldn't do very well. Mixed feeling about this one. I love this but it was a bit patchy, which was a bummer.

I did wear this mani for several days and it wore very well, so no complaints.

Here's Color Club Blue-Ming alone:


I did four coats here. It was necessary, unfortunately. I will add, though, that a ridge filling base coat would have helped with the ridges of my ring finger and perhaps have mitigated the need, but I can't say for sure. The fourth coat did the trick.

Gorgeous shade, like an icy neon. A favorite.


Well, there you have it, a veritable walk down memory lane with all the links to past posts, eh?

Hope you enjoyed!
I know that these shades cry out Gordon Gekko, but I think more of Patrick Bateman for some reason.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D