Monday, February 17, 2014

Ice. Blue.

Long days seem to drag by when you miss someone special in your life.

The day after Maddie left us, a heavy cold fog settled here and for over a week every single thing was covered with a thick hoar frost that lasted all day, with scant few hours of it melting, only to re-form as the sun slipped away without ever making a proper entrance.

Sky covering its face in respect for our sorrow.

My favorite days of winter are the ones where a lost cloud floats in and the deep cold deposits everything onto trees, fences, and all the things that seem normal look like poetry.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Undeniably I need to find busy work to take my mind off this, so I'm delving back into the blog.

Picked a color that seemed to echo the winter sky.

Now-discontinued L.A. Robin Blue.



This is over two coats of an old Maybelline Express Finish white.

The color varies from a sweet purple leaning periwinkle in true white, color corrected light. In warmer tungsten, or lower lighting it pulls more gray and slightly blue.
Quite a pretty polish.

Old big 3 formula it is a sheer polish. The first coat was patchy, in fact, it made a delightful watercolor effect, this might have been because it does grab the coat below (which means it does drag a bit when applying). It's thin, tends to slop into the wells of the cuticles and cleanup was a must.
Although, I will add, my cleanup wasn't super thorough enough to get all the white out.

Three coats and it dried surprisingly well.

It is a "foamy" kind of creme: sheer, with a soft shimmer hidden deep in it and virtually invisible once on the nail, but apparent in the bottle.

Pretty.

This polish can still be found at Discount Cosmetic Outlet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last week we had a heavy snowfall that left more gossamer shapes made by massive snowflakes piling up in thick piles that flickered in the sunlight.

New days.

Here's a close up of the snow:


Enjoy.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal. Truly.

2 comments:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D