Saturday, April 27, 2013

That 90's Feeling

I enjoyed the 90's in Seattle.
Fun times all around.
Everyone in seemed to know each other in whatever little group you ran in, there was a real sense of affordable living so you could enjoy having a good time, making art, being in a band, etc.

Seattle is now very expensive, less fun, and, unfortunately, the old cute neighborhoods are slowly losing their charm. Not as slowly as one would have hoped, sadly Belltown and south Lake Union are now quite different. Ah well.



I found L'Oreal Roseberry at the Dollar Tree on a road trip in a town that feels like the 90's came and went but the 70's never really left.

A brownish berry rose with enough of a kick to make me think of antique coral jewelry, I think if this had been an OPI shade it would be called "Woodn't You Like it Berry Much?" or some such nonsense.

Needs a bit of thinning, but all in all it was fun to wear.

Then I made a big mistake: I threw a gold top coat over it.


Gold is from an ooold Markwin set from Ross

Now it looks like cheap wallpaper from "the day" and really brought out the orange/brown. In low light it was horrible. I couldn't get home from work fast enough to take this one off. Blech!!!

Sometimes layering works, sometimes it doesn't.

Ah well!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D