Sunday, January 20, 2013

Golden Pink Triplets

Here are three of my favorite polishes.



First up China Glaze Strawberry Fields



Four coats of glass fleck golden gorgeosity!

The 2009 Summer Days collection is a wonderful glass fleck extravaganza. It predates the current trend of that finish all-all-over-everywhere-you-turn. I believe it is now a permanent fixture in the China Glaze list. Yay!

It's packed and the contrast of a warm pink with the gold reminds me of a Thai silk shot through with gold thread. 
Easy to use, great formula and and although it's a little bit translucent, I don't mind four coats. 



Zoya Mieko




Zoya Mieko is described at the Zoya website as "a rosy pink with a touch of orange and tonds of bold metallic gold shimmer. More glamourous than the usual pink!"

Another glass fleck win! This feels like the perfect rosy coral glass fleck for summer. I think it will look fabulous on toes. 

Three coats and easy to use. A little bit slow to dry, but in the end it worked out great.



Senorita Rose-alita




OPI Senorita Rose-alita is another beauty. It's got a fine shimmer rather than glass fleck, but it's right up there in the gorgeous category.

Three coats and that same rich pink. Easy to use, love the formula!

I could not get a tilde in Blogger, nor could I get on in PS elements, so I made one, oy, I know it's looking a bit janky!

This one is also part of the core line, so it's easy to find.



Here are some comparisons:





These are all under lamp light. I still haven't found a way to make my pinks look less washed out unless I use flash, which I'd prefer to avoid.

Mieko is richer than Strawberry Fields, but seems less glass flecked. Senorita Rose-alita, the coolest of the three pinks, really pops, and holds its own.

I don't have a favorite of the three, I love them all.

In the case of the China Glaze, it could double as a top coat over a creme, I believe Mieko could do the same job.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D