Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dazzled by Goldeneye, A Comp

I love gold, and holiday collections are full of gold.

Two of my favorites are by OPI:
Dazzled by Gold and Goldeneye. Both fabulous.



Left to right:

  • Dazzled by Gold
  • Goldeneye
  • Dazzled by Gold
  • Goldeneye


A little history: Dazzled by Gold is an Ulta Exclusive from their 2009 holiday collection. Many a day I waited to round it up, I even called Ulta when it was released to see if I could get it, but they couldn't mail it to me and I couldn't get up there. Boohoo.
Not any more! It's mine.

Goldeneye is from 2012 Skyfall collection. I found mine on eBay.



Foils are my fave and both are a treat.

All are four coats, though three would suffice.

They are related, I mean in their makeup. They are that fleck particle that is metallic and ends up being a foil.

Goldeneye, as you can see, is rather a uniform burnished gold, where DbG is a mixture of warm and cool golds, even bordering on white gold, aka silver.


Goldeneye is a wee bit more sheer and probably could also play a roll as a layering polish, too. I haven't tried it.
I didn't get too many from the Skyfall collection, but the more swatches bloggers put out, the more I see that I would like. OTOH, I feel I have so many untrieds and dupes of these polishes, I should tone it down and keep on only with polishes that really please me.

I poked around and can't even find Dazzled by Gold anywhere, so at this point I guess a blog sale or a random eBay listing are the best bets. Goldeneye is still readily found all over the place.

I love both, but will maintain that Dazzled by Gold is more complex and a bit more of my fave.
Goldeneye, though really imparts that gorgeous jazzy foil effect a bit more, which is so nice!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D