Thursday, September 20, 2012

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Revlon Smoke. Truly a polish that could have been such a win.

Know nothing about it except that it was in a 4 pack at Ross and I kind of liked the shade of gray with a blue flash. 

Here's the bottle:





Two coats here. Very thick. 

I like grays, but the ungodly smell of this one evokes some of the nastiest solvents I've ever smelled. Ugh.
Really has that horrible airplane glue kind of smell. Worse than Super 138 golden foil from China.
It won't dry, either. It dents, it slides, etc. 

Quite the mess.

Could it get worse? In some strange fashion I managed to get two bottles.
How. On. Earth?

What to do?

I did slap on a few layering coats. 



Here's the lowdown left to right:

Revlon Glimmer Gloss Grape Shimmer - pulling it into the purple realm.

Sally Hansen Sea and Be Seen - brightening the shimmer

Nicole By OPI Canadian Star - LOVE this polish so much. If you can find it, if you love that pink/blue/purple fleck shift, get it, you won't regret this one.





Revlon Smoke is a fail as a base coat. 

But, it inspired me to use my other grays as a base for some shimmer top coats.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

ps...you think you can make it work? email me and I'd be glad to mail it to you! (Not the layering coats, these are mah babies!)

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I love the layering you did, but I totally understand on the polish the never dries. :( Maye there's a dupe out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have a dupe! LOL!
      Or I could layer a sheer blue shimmer over a gray.

      Those old quick dry Revlons are pretty smelly, I just opened another great color that had the same smell, I won't even wear it. So bad.

      Ugh.

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D