Saturday, June 23, 2012

The One That Started It All

Yup.
Here it is.
The polish that opened the floodgates of polish love for me.

To me the fact that periwinkle blue polish was so easily out there and all these other great colors were out there, too, made me do a double take.

I also have to say that polish colors really are a great way to wear cool colors that aren't necessarily perfect for clothing or makeup. Thought right now I'm wearing a leaf green eyeshadow, I think the ultimate pleasure for me is enjoying the manicure, the color, and the finish.

Waxing on aside, here it is, Sahara Sapphire by OPI.


It is a pearl finish with a delicate periwinkle blue that I can't help but adore.
This is three coats, but two would do.
I think there are some brushstrokes, so straightness is necessary when applying. It will give away wobbles. It reminds me of a WnW Rain Check (I think also reissued under another name, too) I really liked, but got bubbly at every turn. This is a bit more gray, but still as nice.

Hard to argue with the formula, worked like a charm.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see the polish that starts one's love for more nail polish :) This one's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a nice memory. :D
      What's yours? I should ask that in the post, too!

      Anyone else?
      I'd love to hear!

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D