Saturday, October 22, 2011

Two Year Manicur-sery? Mani-versary? Annicursery?

So many manicures, so many posts. Have I learned a darn thing?

I really wish I were one of those people who could step back and say, "Aaaah, yes, I have acquired guru wisdom and polish acumen that puts me on mountain high, a positive polish potentate!"

But, this is not the case.

I am still an enthusiastic amateur. I have a blast doing my blog and my nails.

I started this blog with a definition and, perhaps, another definition is in order:

Amateur
Noun: Person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than financial benefit or professional reasons.
From the Latin meaning one who loves.

Very simply: one who loves something so much that they want to do it even without pay or professional recognition.

Not to pat myself on the back, oh no, I am in good company! Check out my blogroll! There are dozens of people who labor over lighting, camera limitations, application, cuticles, and nuances in color to share their passion. From the gifted stamper, to the talented nail artist, to the genius franken-wizard, I love all the blogs and feeling part of a larger experience.

 Thank you for going on this journey with me!


Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh! Congratulations on two years of HAVING FUN, Johanna! Haha, I love it - that's the whole point, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you. :) Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Happy blog-nicur-sery! It's a great time to love nail polish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Johanna! Congrats on 2 years and I'm happy to have "met" you through the blogging community :) It IS fun (and I'm sure you've learned more than a few things lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing what makes you happy
    thats why nail blogs are so fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, love that you are still having a blast doing your nails :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D