Monday, January 10, 2011

Layering To The Rescue

Sinful's Overjoy is a pretty polish, but very sheer. Very, very sheer.

The base is a smokey gray colored jelly with very tiny particles of glitter. I tried to put it on in many coats, however it doesn't build, so I thought I'd try it over another untried, Hot Topic Unnamed blue. The photos below show it as a brighter blue, but it's leans on the periwinkle side, which means there's some purple in there in a small amount.

Sinful's Overjoy is like they took a batch of Frenzy, stuck it in the blender, then added some gray to tint the base.

I am, for some reason, not a big fan of Frenzy, but I really love Overjoy! It's quite a wonderful layering polish!

Regarding the Hot Topic, these bottles have a cool design, but the tall, tippy bottles are a nightmare. I had a a green color that I had to put into another bottle because the wand for the brush broke off. Even this one I tipped over. Great color, but the bottle kind of helped the brand lose its appeal for me.

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D