Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Matte Grape - aka Puce

Yes! It's puce time again!

The belly of the flea, the blood filled, belly, that is! Yes, wild, no? Think of The Flea, by John Donne. Where a flea intermingles the blood of two who love, but may not touch. From a time when fleas were part of daily life.  A humble color, but the name evokes much history.

Matte Grape by Maybelline comes into play here with an old Dollar Tree polish:
This is the only photo I took with no top coat, you can see the purplish brown color.

Here are a couple shots after I've put a top coat on.

You can see that lovely bloom of yellow on the bottom of the bottle that I can't seem to remove because Maybelline decided that they didn't want to add mixing balls to their bottles. OK, I can live with it!


This is dark enough to be a joy layering over, too. I experimented with a few Sally Hansen Opals and found that they came out nicely!

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D