Friday, September 3, 2010

Essie - You Made a Summer Polish for Winter, huh?

When I first heard about Essie's Mint Candy Apple I had just learned about all these lemmings and limited edition and hard to find polishes.
I felt like if I bought a great polish early on, I wouldn't regret it! I jumped on Mint Candy Apple when it was released from Essie, bought it full price and tried it on.

Oh dear! It was making my fingers look pink! Ruuuuuuun!!!!
I should have just popped for the Chanel Jade, but no, I went for the Essie. I rue that decision. I am sure I am not alone in that feeling.

So fast forward to this summer: I have tanned hands. I tried this on again and voila! It looks far nicer on me during the summer than the winter!





Totally a summer polish!
Far better on my skintone when it's less pale. I tend to like greener mints, but I got this one, so there ya go.

As to the polish itself: I found that with three coats there was still balding at the base of the nail, and it was still a little uneven and streaky. I chalk it up to being the nature of the pastel and it's components, but it's a little tiresome.

It dried, however, beautifully! One think I'll say for Essie is that the formula seems to like me. A plus!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I love green polish. When the mint craze started I was all over it. Except I didn't get MAC's Peppermint Patti. I'm still lemming that something fierce! I was on a no buy for Lent. Wouldn't you know that PP went on sale while I still had 2 days of Lent to go. Of course it sold out and I don't have it. I buy every other mint I see. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the Mac one, either. I kept hearing about the formula and passed, of course there always is the one that got away!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D