Friday, August 6, 2010

Betty Draper's Dresses

The Orly Sweet collection is a pastel collection. Spring had a lot of them! I bought two! Essie and Orly.

Orly is muted and quashed like retro colors of the 1950's and early 1960's.


Here they all lined up! Little beauty soldiers with their lip glosses! Cute!



I took these in a quick dash to beat afternoon light.

I found, in general, the formula a little thick, you can see how thick it was in several shots, almost an impasto effect!

Gumdrop:
This is a beautiful aqua.
I am understanding that it is similar to China Glaze's For Audrey. I will try to get around to a comparison swatch ASAP!
BTW, this could probably use a thinner! It was thick. Two coats.



Lemonade:
A muted yellow. Frankly I love it on my tan.
Thick!



Lollipop:
A pink leaning lilac. Although the light is going a bit golden and might be adding some red. It didn't seem quite as pink in person.



Pixi Stix:
Warm pink. Lovely!
Ironically, a fave! I don't have another pink like it. Maybe this is actually a pastel mauve or rose?



Cotton Candy:
Pale coral pink. Better than ever is a pink cast coral. I think it is a uniformly flattering color on all skin tones.



Snowcone:
Beautiful blue! Warm but not too warm to say "turquoise"
Thick!


I'd say that there must be something that is in the pastels that makes them a little thick and streaky. Maybe the stuff they use as a white pigment? I wonder.
They could all use some thinning drops and probably more patience in regards to my application. When I am chasing the light, it's hard to get a good uniform application.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about chasing the light. Maybe some thinner would help. I haven't ever really liked Orly much though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is odd how thick these were. A bit of a bummer!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D