Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beige Frost and Opal

Here are some more "office OK" colors.

IsaDora Opal 49 is the first polish I bought in a lot of years. It was a color that in my mind I felt was safe to wear with my crummy short scraggly nails.

I actually wore it a couple times sans base or top coat and only after a few days I realized I needed remover. I got some chips, peeled some off, took the rest off with remover and put it all in the back of my cupboard in the bathroom.

So, this is an opalescent polish, with a thick shimmer. There is at the corners of the bottle a sniff of what could be, but it's not showing up on the nail.



A pink beige that reminds me of the days when neutrals ruled.
This was 3 coats and you can see how sheer it is.
It also needed some poshe nail polish restorer because it was pretty thick.


Next on the table is Maybelline Galaxy.
A beige frost that leans toward a pastel taupe (pastel taupe? Is that possible? Maybe I'm just still seeing taupe in everything!)




I used about 15 drops of nail polish thinner to get this maybelline back in shape. Once again, when thinned back into shape, it came through and was easy to use: 3 coats, dried well, and wore nicely!


Thank you so much for reading my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. Maybelline Galaxy, does look pastel taupy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel like I was going nuts there for a minute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Isadora is quite pretty even if it doesn't quite live up to the promise of the bottle. I'm thinking we may be due for a comeback of shades like this, maybe in spring, since we've had so many "wild" colors in collections this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's good to know, I almost put this into the Zoya exchange, but felt it had history and some shimmer redemption.
    I kind of am looking forward to using some of my more neutral colors.
    Of course, I am also looking forward to a pile of vamps, too.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D