Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Holo Red?

I've heard on the message board that a true red holographic polish isn't really out there.
I've got to say, I'm not 100% sure about all the holos out there, I know the Nubar Prisms has one, but what else?
Kaleidoscope and OMG collections by China Glaze seem to have pinks, but no reds.

Where does this leave a person who wants that summer SCHWING! of holo?

I found this at a Dollar Tree.

It's by Sally Hansen and it's called Golden Tourmaline. It's a red jelly with much holographic sparkle. I wouldn't say that it's laden with holo particles, but it's got a lot.






For some reason my camera was on a bit of a brighter setting, and so it's a bit blown out. It's a gorgeous polish, but more like a holographic mix than a pure holographic polish.

It dried well, however, I did get some bubbling. I used Borghese Magnetico and topped it with a quick dry top coat. I also added another top coat, a pink tinted one by WetnWild for some extra wear protection, this may have been a factor.
Not the best wear, showed tip wear after a couple days, but a gorgeous polish for sunny summer days!

Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D