Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fingernail Sunshine!

Here is an Elle Elle nail polish, #432, that is a golden yellow shimmer. It feels metallic. It also is a frost. Hmmm. Maybe a brushstrokey shimmer? A metallic frost? BZZZzzt! You have no clue! Do you?
Nope!

Anyhoo...

I like yellows in the summer, and in particular  gold, so when this came in a nine pack from Ross, I figured it's a workable color! 
I also had the Sally Hansen "money" frosts, this one is Fil-a-Greed Frost. A sheer warm golden peachy gold. Though, so sheer, it's just not altogether much of a presence.

Here they are:




Here's a little more detail on the names.



Put them together:

Wow! Sunshine on my nails!

The glitter is the actual pay off, the rest of the Fil-a-Greed appears to be lost. I can find no irridescence (seen alone when I swatched) or anything else. But hey, what the heck else am I going to do with those pesky Sally Hansen "money" frosts? I have a carload! I should have just calmed down, bought one or two, then swatched them. No. I go NUTS. I've redeemed one as a topcoat, but really, they are my albatross! When I see them for $4.99 on eBay I want to laugh madly, because I see the sad betrayal by anyone who buys these! *muahahahaha* ...ahem!

Whatever you want to call the finish, it's a unique yellow, perfect for summer sunny days. Elle Elle dried well and wore nicely. Sally Hansen kind of took a bit longer to dry once applied. However, with patience, drying drops and some more drying drops, I like the glitter payoff that ensued. Happy ending!

Thanks for reading my pesky little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I have that bright yellow Elle LDL, and really have no clue how I'll ever wear it. Thanks for this idea. I don't have that particular Sally Hansen, but you've definitely shown me how to work the yellow. Thanks! (OMG, you're going to get all these comments from me - I'm not stalking you, I promise! - just found your blog and am going through your posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE comments!!!
    It helps me feel like I'm not talking alone in the universe!!! LOL!!

    I am dubious about yellow, but with a summer tan, it works for my skintone, in the winter I look like a tuberculosis patient. Or jaundice. Pick your disease!
    :D

    PS thank you so much for reading my posts!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D