Friday, April 16, 2010

Green Fog aka Layering Over Black

When the Dollar Tree got a bunch of Sally Hansen opals, I grabbed them up. I have about 8 of what looks like at least 14 colors.  They are super sheer. What to do? Layer?

I really need to sit down and do a bunch of swatches of this.  The results surprised me on this one.

This is a base coat of WetnWild "Black Creme". Truly a dollar is never better spent than on a good black creme, and this one is it. Covers beautifully, resisted chipping and tip wear.

I put a coat of Sally Hansen "White Opal 01" over the top. These photos were taken on a day in which the sky couldn't decide on sun or clouds so put them in a bowl, stirred them and you got flashes of both. I was out with my mom walking the dogs and I grabbed a few shots.

The downside: if the brushstrokes aren't thin and well regulated, it gets milky and murky. In some light it looks like you've got a coating of milk on your fingers.

The upside: the green shimmer! It's beautiful! It is foggy and murky, which reminds you of a horror movie.

Of course the WetnWild dried very quickly, and the Sally Hansen dried oh-so-slowly, and caused a wee bit of balding when you put the brush down.


You can see the murkiness. on my middle finger, above, there is some uneven application and so it isn't as transparent as it should be.



A better view of how it looks when the light hits it correctly. Nice! I love those pine greens. Yummy!


Yes, a blurry shot! I think it shows how nice it did look at the right time.


So, do look down the road for a full swatch-fest of these, I might weed out a few that are just not me. It's so funny how without black underneath they are so blah.


Thanks for reading my journal!

1 comment:

  1. nice color !!
    i have a giveaway on my blog come on see if you want !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D