Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dusty Rose

Here's a dusty rose that is from New York Color. It's called 231, for some reason they don't put names on them. If I was going to name this I'd call it Snow on My Toes Rose. I don't know why, but I would!


I've got a lot of these, and my problem is that they come with other things when I get a pack at the Dollar Tree or in a group of polishes at Ross, they are that obligatory color that ranges from terra cotta to mauve, muted, dusty, a subtle understated color that is a good basic. Sort of like a black cardigan in your wardrobe: not fancy bling-bling, not gym clothes, just regular stuff.

This is three coats, there is a bit of a shimmer, but I call it a creme, but I'm not really good with these semi-something-or-the-other finishes.
It dried satin-like, and it dried pretty well. I think two coats would do fine, and for a no-brainer "don't want my polish to be the topic of conversation" type of polish, for 50 cents, who can complain!?

I love the silver shimmer, I also like the way it looks on my hands. To be honest, these dusty roses tend to make my hands look a little "dingy" and that's no fun.

I also love my cuticles. Hey, what can I say? There are days when it looks like I've spent all morning digging for root vegetables, then there are moments when it comes together. Yay!

Thanks for reading my journal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D