Friday, February 12, 2010

Maybelline Tassled Taupeness

Hello!

I have a follower! Hello!

I am so excited!!!

Dear Follower!!! Welcome! (Don't leave! I'm a bit of a twonk!)

ahem....

Here, then, is yet another Dollar Tree item.

A little back story, only because back story is fun: I had read on the Nail Board how everyone was finding polishes at Dollar Tree. Mine was an empty shell of beauty supplies. Every lame reject from a container ship filled the beauty aisle. Then I was on a trip out of town on Thanksgiving. The place we went to stay meant we had to travel on every back road in the state, and finally, we stopped in a medium sized town. I needed a break. I ran into the Dollar Tree and found Tassled Taupe, Cocoa Bean and Touch of Taupe. I was so excited! Kind of bummed because they were all brown, AND I'd sent for Tassled Taupe off of Ebay, but what the heck. That first moment of actually hitting Dollar Tree pay dirt was fun.

Now taupe is hot. There are several brands out there with a great taupe: OPI's You Don't Know Jacques, Sally Hansen's Commander in Chic, Chanel's Particuliere, and Essie Mink Muffs, come to mind from my "want list". Of course OPI's YDKJ is legendary. I just bought it, so I have to try it out. In fact: weekend project. I will try to do a comparison of taupes.
The last post with glitters were taken actually outside on an overcast day. Maybe I'll try it again.

Maybelline Tassled Taupe is a pretty color. It's mouse-y taupe creme with gold shimmer. So, it really does feel like a shimmer creme, although I don't know if that's an actual category. The shimmer particles aren't super fine, though.
I used three coats, and had my usual case of sheet marks, despite drying drops. I really did need three coats. The first two were balding at the bottom of the nail. I used Sally Hansen Nylon fiber base coat, which kind of looks like white nail polish, I should try another base coat next time. I topped with a dose of Maybelline Salon "Vinyl Shine", my usual.
I will redo the swatch to compare. My new borrowed camera has a super macro, so look for a comparison soon.
Here's the photo:
 

You can just see the shimmer, so my unfettered enthusiasm aside, I do need to re-shoot this, and since I really want to compare all my taupes, this is a good opportunity to do it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D