Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009, Over and Out...and a little sparklish

Sometimes nail polish is like a cocktail.

I've spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect polish, I'm certainly always filling out a wish list.

I've tried to make a couple. First was a milky grayed periwinkle, taught me that tweaks must be subtly made. Then a gray teal out of a chrome, and learned that glitter does not always work, but that glitter can save the day.

I've tried to make my photos better, my cuticles and my blogging more frequent. It's a sure thing that I've got more to learn.

So, to the cocktail part. You start with some base color, in this case E.L.F. Dark Red


This is two coats, possibly three. I can't remember, but it's brighter, so I think two coats.

Then you add layers of Sinful Frenzy (two) and a layer of Sinful Paris.
Frenzy is a fuschia and blue glitter. Paris is a deep yellow gold glitter.

All together it makes a really nice foil-like affect.



A pretty warm red base with a multi-color glitter is great for holidays! Plus, as you know, glitter dries so fast!

Next cocktail.

Start with the same red, but for sure do three coats, because now it's deep, dark and perfect for glitter.






This is one coat of Nichole Love in Your Life topped with a Dollar Tree find: Planet Pluto.
Since it's been snowing and gloomy, the first is from the window and the second from the color corrected lamp on my desk.

The white at the top is not shrinkage but tip wear. I sometimes wear them a day or so before getting photos.

Happy 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D