Sunday, November 8, 2009

Revlon Bronze Ablaze and a layer....or two


Revlon's Bronze Ablaze, as I mentioned, was a slow to dry, and then schmootzed quite quickly. In fact I had to do a rescue on it.

Here is the original photo:



I love the copper penny shine, it needed some clean up, and I am just figuring out how to do that, I usually rely on application skills - such as they are - to prevent major messes.
I think, it is obvious that I have small hands. Small pudgy hands. No hand model am I! No long, thin nail beds and strong curved nails for me! When they get long and wet they tend to go flat, it's just the way it is. So be it. Move on.

I wear an XS riding glove, but not all the time, because my hands are not thin I really have to look for a good glove. I found some at Dressage Extensions. On sale, to boot! Score! Most of the time I wear children's gloves, since women's gloves are so narrow.

After I killed the Bronze Ablaze I decided to try the Sally Hansen "Strobe Light" glitter. It's loaded with medium pink glitter and some different sizes in holo glitter. I kind of love it, the dark rosey pink fit perfectly with the bronzy copper, and though I could never photograph it, it really was a nice fit:


The top coat was WetnWild Quick Dry Ultra Gloss.

Of course it has shrunk back nearly a whole millimeter, but I've abused it for the last few days and it's been chip proof. I have hay cubes I break up for my birds, so it take a beating on that front.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D