Saturday, April 19, 2014

I'm Head Over Heels for Emily de Molly

I love holos, in fact, I will now admit I have at least two helmer drawers full, plus half of another. Not counting the glitter end of the spectrum.

In an attempt to blog some of these, I'm hitting them as hard as I can. Limited access to sunshine, and missed opportunities with the camera, are something I try to avoid.

Holos and sunshine are like peanut butter and jelly, they go well together!

This is Emily de Molly Head over Heels.


This is a subtle linear holo that looks very beautiful in flash, but under my lamps it also is rather nice.

Left to right:
- One coat over black
- Three coats alone
- One coat over black
- Three coats alone

Nothing but a really soft, beautiful holo lavender purple.

Formula and application were quite easy, and two coats would have worked very well, too.

It's more than just a holo, it's a shimmer with a soft orchid undertone. A complex color.

If you are a holo purist, this might be too understated. The upside is that in the shadows it doesn't look all metallic, so it plays its hand as a shimmer.

Well played.

Here it is under lower, oblique light:


Gorgeous light gathering that really plays up more over black, though not a top coat sort of polish, as in it's got enough density to fly on its own dime, it still does fine over black.

Yet another purple holo that I really love.

Thanks so much for reading my little nail polish journal!

Note: sorry for the confusion, I just published this, then updated a comma on the Essie/Orly comp and this just slipped backward! Grrr Blogger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D