Thursday, September 5, 2013

Shine on You Little Lacquer Shine, You!

A few years ago Ross had 5 packs of mini Sally Hansen Lacquer Shines (as well as some other lines), I picked up a few. It's a mixed bag there were about 4-5 of these little mini sets, I enjoyed trying the colors, but the formula is always a bit of work.

Many are glass fleck and very much in the top coat category. I have moved some along, ignored others, blogged one or two. I may have even blogged this one, but I can't find it in the some 500 odd posts, so I'll throw this one down again.



Over white this bright blue shows it's pretty shimmer. It's not a heavy shimmer, but not secret shimmer.
Like a friendly summer day.
Three coats, unremarkable formula, however. A quick dry top coat helped. I feel the old SH white base only added to the misery of slow dry time.


Here it trying to see the shimmer shift. Above is a pair of bright lights, below is a single Verilux light.


Pretty shift into a pink shimmer, but it took a lot of work to get it to emerge.

Here is is over black:


Milky and no fun, but you can see the color shift.

This isn't a very strong change, but it's there, vaguely. I think this polish is better served by not putting it over black and just wearing it plain, let it shine on its own merit.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D