Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sparitual's Optical Illusion

I'm dreaming of a new laptop, truly.
Right now my power cord is in the last throws of usefulness.

I'm waiting for a cheap ebay knock off to come in the mail.

Onward!

Here is a Sparitual that I've had for a while, Optical Illusion. I think it's an apt name.


Sorry for the big photo.

Ok. So, I want to love this polish. It kicks ass in the bottle. Look at that aqua fleck gleaming around the curve of the bottle like a song of the siren.
On the nail - four coats later, it's like a diaper load with faint hints of the aqua shift.

Noooooooo!!!!

I think I will try it over black one of these days and try not to feel sad about the whole darn thing. I have plenty of polishes that can do that job. Although  this is a "glitter" which implies that it is not required to be dense, I wish it looked more like the bottle.

Not entirely sure if it's a dupe of a China Glaze Halloween polish, but it's got that zombie vibe. I am so backlogged on swatching, I may get around to it Halloween.

Meanwhile, thanks so much for reading my little nail polish journal!

8 comments:

  1. ugh i can so relate to the power cord issue. my old toshiba went through 3 of them! on a sidenote, this IS a dupe of zombie zest and zz has a much better formula. i had optical illusion and did a comparison and quickly swapped it off after finding zz to be this and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope I got this on sale, man, I can't recall buying, this, but I sure hope it was on sale...LOL!

      Delete
  2. Diaper load... OK, I should not laugh, this is not funny. Poor you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my doopy polish colors are a category that is larger than even I want to admit!

      Delete
  3. You might be able to find an affordable replacement cord on Amazon. This polish is so pretty! Maybe layer it over a swampy or army green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn I never think of Amazon for that kind of thing! I found one (it's on now) on eBay, so bless the knock off factory in China.

      I will layer it over some of my warmer greens, I really want to tap into that glowy glitter, one of these days!
      :D

      Delete
  4. I see the blue shimmer in the bottle, but where did it go when you painted? Well that is an Optical Illusion alright.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D