Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where a Frost is Actually a Shimmer

When I found this polish at You-Know-Where, I'd found a bunch of Sally Hansen's at the same time.
I fished this one out of my bag and looked at it in the sunshine.

090910-SH-ToughFrost3

Ah-oooo-gah!!!

This is hard to explain, but I will try: when I look at most of my shimmer bottles, when I slowly turn a bottle the particles are pretty static. These rolled back into each other and evoked the most amazing colors. It just might be the chemistry of the solvents, but these particles are awesome!!!
This reminds me of shantung or brocade fabric. Really what RBL was trying to do with their four Tudor wives collection, and failed at. I think you need old chemistry to get this kind of shimmer. Maybe the mystical mountain where shimmer is mined is now closed, like Charlie's Candy Mountain. (link takes you to youtube....wait to go, though! Scroll down!)


090910-SH-ToughFrost4

I mean WOW!!!

Then to top it off, there were multiple shades! Green and red mixed with brown!

I kind of fell in love with this polish.

A lot!

Meet Sally Hansen Tough Frost (not one bit of frostiness, either, all shimmer!):

090910-SH-ToughFrost1


A very dark brown with a whole lot of oomph packed into its shimmer:

090910-SH-ToughFrost2


Also, because of that Christmas-y green it will show up a bit like a very dark khaki in some light. Then the red shimmer pops back up and balances it. It is so odd, but yet so awesome.


090910-SH-ToughFrost5

A little macro moment for the fans of shimmerdom

I have to admit that I am not a massive fan of browns and that this period of blogging I'm really more going through my stash than anything else. I did, however, think that fall is a time of browns and warm colors, so I cracked out my browns to see what was going down.
This one, though is a favorite: I have three, they sit at the Dollar Tree ignored because they are so dark (I found a couple bottles of SH Malachite that way, too, very dark green shimmer!)
090910-SH-ToughFrost6
Mmmmmmshimmmmmmer!

Thanks so much for reading my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. Just checked my spreadsheet - I have this one! Wow, I never looked that closely at it - it's so gorg in your pics. Now I have to go dig it out and look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!
    Yes!!
    Totally fabulous!!
    That shimmer with the red and green is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ABOP; I have this but didn't realize what it looked like up close on the nail. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    I love this color.
    The red and green together, what a cool combo!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D