Monday, August 16, 2010

When Two Sheers Meet

What do you do when you have two sheers that are in need of a some help?

Layer. What else?

I could have put them over black, but there wasn't enough depth of the particles to get some excitement.

Here are the offerings:



NYC Extra Shiny Top Coat - quelle horror!!!! Crackles! Wrinkles!!! Bad!!! Avoid!!
NYC 241 - Superb tropical blue in the bottle. On the nail you are thinking "where is the color??!?!?!"
NYC 118A - Big Money Frost. A "money" colored green. I think on another day this could be layered and layered well! Alone it's blah.

Here is alternating layers:


The blue is more sheer than the green so the layering order was:
blue
green
blue
green
blue

Then top coat.

I wanted more of a duochrome effect, but it definitely has more nuance than each polish alone.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. I like the look of this layering. You're very creative and imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very kind to my efforts to make this little layering effort work!!!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to layer those two in alternating coats; I usually only think about putting things on top of other things.

    I tagged you with an award:

    http://thekarend.blogspot.com/2010/08/ten-things.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D