Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sally Hansen Opals - Pt 2

More of those Sally Hansen Opals.

To view the first entry:
Click here for part 1

These are over a coat or two of WetnWild Black Creme. I think it's fair to say I got a little sloppy on these, I was getting tired, it was late, and I don't have skills yet for clean up, so I rely on better application.

I have these under a daylight corrected lamp, too.

Crystal Opal - 02
This one is one of the more cloudy ones. The one side flashes very grape colored purple.


Then I couldn't get a green on the other side of the duochrome, but flat to you, on a perpendicular plane, it looks a little bit like Zoya's Ki, that murkiness is there, though.



Goldspun Opal - 09
This one, I am not sure why they called it "goldspun" because there isn't any gold. One face of the duochrome has a dark puce type purple, then it flashes some aqua, which would probably be spectacular in the sunshine.






Oh, my, that application!! Many apologies!!!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! And the drugstores,both CVS and Walgreens had their B1G150% off last week. Next time they have a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I think these Opals are at the Dollar Store and other places where older discontinued polish end up.

    Sadly, Sally has moved on to "better" things like the glassy new stuff in the HD line.

    Of course Hidden Treasure is a Great Step Forward.

    But, these old duochromes probably weren't marketed to go over black, so it's one of those things that kind of finds new life!

    Crazy, huh?
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D