Monday, April 26, 2010

Get Your Diva On!

I was so excited to find this batch at the Dollar Tree. Full of color-melted glitter, multiple finishes, evaporated bottles, and that toluene whiff I got whenever I opened the little shoebox I stored them in until I could swatch them. I've had them for months and finally got around to doing it.

One proviso: I didn't dilute with polish restorer, so there is some bubbling, but I was so excited by the finish, I figured, what the heck, let it shine in its 1990's (?) glory.

A little overview: There are three finishes in this group. Two shimmery perles, two glittery shimmers and a combo.

Here's a group shot:

This was taken under a daylight-corrected lamp. The bulb is fluorescent, corrected for the bluer daylight, but still subdued, and a touch of green.


Here they are in the sunshine!

This can be enlarged, too!

Now I'd like to show a few more "lamp" shots and describe the polish a bit.


Diva Fever
Isn't this a great name? I think the best of the lot! It's a red shimmer with some larger than normal shimmer particles. Almost a glitter, but not quite. Hard to describe. I'd definitely call this a shimmer, but the color has pieces that remind me of a glitter.
It's a rich, deep, changing red that looks bright in some light and almost crimson in other light.
This is three coats, and it dried remarkably well. I did get some bubbling.


Diva Blues
A navy blue that trends toward a marine blue. Rich, with lots of depth, verging on teal, but really a warm navy. This is a shimmery perle.
Three coats, fairly okay to dry, normal, not too slow. Bubbles showed their ugly heads!


Diva Groove
This might be a case of melted glitter or it might be a case of purple with a purple base. Either way it's very pretty and very easy to use. It is three coats and dried very well! I suspect that it is the case with all glitters.
Its a raspberry pinkish purple. 
No bubbles!


Diva Gold
I almost feel the beat with this one! More glitter, more possible melted color or a mix of gold and silver glitter. It is also three coats and dried only as a glitter can do!
The color is a mix of silver and gold. A cool gold, very flattering on most skin tones, not too orange-y.
A few bubbles, but a fresh feeling gold, so no matter.

Diva Rock
Warm mahogany brown. See the flecks of lighter brown? Nice!
Yes, bubbling. Fairly okay in dry time. Three coats, as are all of them.

Good coverage, and nice warm autumn colors. This collection is smelling like the ancestor of the upcoming China Glaze "Vintage Vixen" collection. So if you see these hanging out at your Dollar Tree, grab them!

Thanks for reading my polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D