Friday, April 23, 2010

Caught Red Handed - Love the Name!

This is a L'Oreal nail polish, I am not sure if it's discontinued or not, though.

If you have read on the Steph's Closet blog (click here to read the entry) that L'Oreal has acquired Essie, you will know that the rare and prized "Northfork" collection is now out in drug stores. So, this means that there will be a whole lot of different colors in the L'Oreal corral coming up soon. Although, I have to wonder how long this has been going on, I've got a few L'Oreals, and they've always been nice. We shall see. Kind of takes the excitement off of the brand. Drugstore polishes can be great, but they can also be kind of skimpy on pigment or quality. Heaven knows I got a TON from the Dollar Tree, and I won't buy Revlon any more.

But the good news is that the reports of this "dupe" of the Northfork collection is good. I've got the green, I might get the other two. Why. Though. I've got to stop, too many polishes!!!

Okay, existential angst over with!

Here's today's entry. L'Oreal "Caught Red Handed" a pretty rich and easy to use bright red.

Here's my big problem with pinks and reds: I have a hard time seeing the differences between them. I can see the nuances between greens and blues and purples, but I've got two full Helmer drawers of reds, pinks, burgundies and corals. It's the one section I have a heck of a time organizing. I have pulled out the dusty roses and spicy roses, and I'm being merciless on them! That's another post for another day.

Enjoy the red:






Behold! Shimmer Particles!!!!!!



I can't venture what it might be similar to or a dupe of, but it sure is a top favorite! I can't even recall where I found it! I guess I got it at the drug store.


Thanks for reading my journal!

ps all photos are clickable and can be see larger, I'm increasing file size a bit, so I can show detail for
those who might be interested.

Any suggestions, truly welcomed, I'm not great at technology, but if you'd like better tags, I can work on adding them...I'm thinking I should add color, maybe finish, but then again, I'm not sure on finish because I don't know them well..maybe at least categories like franken and layering, etc...hmmm...ramble...ramble...ramble

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D