Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sally Hansen Shimmer Frost Glitters Pt II of II

Here is the second installment of the sheer frost shimmer glitters (how many finishes can you put in one bottle!?)

These are a little "down and dirty" inasmuch as I got 5 coats on, color balanced my camera to tungsten light and hoped for the best!

Here they are in all their glory!

Make a Mint Frost
To me a pale celery type of green. Not at all unpleasing, however very sheer, and almost useless to me as a solo.

You can see the balding, and a bit of a smudge. Why on God's Green Earth do I have 5 bottles? Chalk it up to Dollar Tree Hysteria! (I kept saying "shimmer! sheer! glitter! frost!" over and over as I piled these into the basket)
NOTE: this polish will redeem itself in a future post! Remember I said it was a layering polish? Hoo! Ha! I now covet all my little bottles!!!!!


Money Bags Frost
Truly the color of a dollar bill. If you had that color in a pale, translucent, sparkle kind of dollar!
Five coats. Maybe it's my green bias, I don't know, but it's not so shabby.

(maybe it is...I probably need to get over my nails needing to be worthy of the nicer polishes!)




Fare Game Frost
A double double entendre! Wit incarnate! Sally, you punk!
Anyhow, the one purple in the month of March.
Look away if you don't want to break your run on greens.

A pretty, icy lavender. Five coats and you can see my nail line.


All in all, these definitely have a mixed bag of coverage, some never seem to build coverage at all, others seem to do it fine and they even look like they have enough chops to go it alone.

I reiterate that in my storage organization they are all considered sheers or top coats.


As an aside, I found one polish in a blister pack that came from the Dollar Tree that was so sheer it might as well be a top coat. It was a Sally Hansen peach colored frost. On the nail it was invisible!
Crazy.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D