Monday, June 25, 2018

Bumble Bee Redux

I wanted to post a manicure I loved. I did this back in February before I removed the Polygel.

It makes me miss the Polygel for the simple reason that Polygel didn't stain and I could put sheer stuff on them without that usual yellow/orange tint that I never could remove.

Here is Sephora X Chaotic topped with OPI Color Paints Primarily Yellow:


OPI Color Paints, unlike their tint collection, are impactful sheer jellies that are essentially designed for layering.

Here's another shot.


This is two coats and thought I managed to slop it around, it really was pretty nice as far as a formula.


I love it, unabashedly so. In fact this yellow surprised me with it's ability to really set down some color!


Black and white glitter are favorites of mine, this combo is pretty simple, I have a couple, but I haven't compared. I don't know if glitter is much of a thing these days, so it's hard to say what's coming out.

Here's a shot alone before I added the OPI Primarily Yellow:



There isn't a definite size, I like the range and the bar glitter works for me, too. More heavy on the black glitter, but enough white to pop some contrast.


If you can find the Color Paints around, and you like to layer, grab them. They are good, very good!

Black and white glitter, you may have to poke around because there is so much flux with Sephora nail polish. I don't even see it on their site. I think the private label upscale boutique brand freights a lot of brand loyalty. It's one thing to buy a Chanel or a Dior and it's another to buy a Nails Inc, or Smith and Whatever it's called. Most probably use WnW or Color Club or Essence or Orly or Nubar. Companies with nail polish making infrastructure are not super common, nor is it a high profit/volume endeavor. It's not like they are making straws or plastic bags or glass bottles.

I get it and I don't mind paying premium for something I like, but I think it is hard to sustain something not tied to a bigger juggernaut.

I found my Sephora X at Ross and the OPI Color Paints at TJ Maxx. As a quick note: both won't be there, so it's off to eBay, etc.

I have noticed TJM to carry less polish and Ross seems to just have JBL and lesser known brands, with rare smatterings of the odd OPI or Sephora X.


Excuse the ramble. Hope it helped you find these if you are interested.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D