Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Peridot, et al.

Three duochromes that are pretty nice!


OPI Just Spotted The Lizard and Chanel Peridot


Two coats, no top coat. 

Left to right:
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard
Chanel Peridot
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard
Chanel Peridot

I know they are dupes, it's pure and simple. The OPI is a bit more thin than the Chanel. Pure and simple. Two coats of Chanel Peridot=Three coats of OPI JSTL.

I also think Chanel Peridot has a bit more lustre, but perhaps that's more personal taste.

Enlarge the photo and you can see that OPI really needs a third coat.

Here's another photo set showing a bit of the change:


Very, very, very hard to get the beautiful blue/green shift. These babies sat squarely at a warm earthy warm.

After I finished this comparison, I was putting it away and found a bottle of Jessica Iridescent Eye.
(What?)



Jessica Iridescent Eye


This is as good as the Chanel. This is three coats, where, two would have done, I just habitually do three.

I love this polish because it isn't quite as hard as the OPI and Chanel, which is means that it shifts over into the softer blue/green with a bit more ease.

Here's a photo of the shift:


Voila.

Many people complained about how warm Chanel and OPI are, but it's the nature of the beast. Jessica Iridescent Eye is more neutral, because it pulls into that cooler realm more easily.

It's like a bridge between Missha HGR01 (blogged here) and OPI/Chanel's offerings.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I do not have any of these three, or anything else similar.... I think the only time I might wear it would be this time of year...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D