Sunday, June 7, 2015

Gold Glitter and Pearls

Here are four gold glitters that you may enjoy.

I wanted to use a pearl base beneath them, to evoke that luxurious use of gold and pearls that Chanel often uses.

First up is Rimmel Crushed Pearl, once under the lamp, once in the sunshine.




It turns a pretty pink under the sunshine. Quite a pretty thing. I will add that I did not bother with a ridge filler and it would have definitely helped!


On to the glitters!



Maybelline Pot of Gold


I wanted this for a long time and when I finally got it, I never wore it! This is one coat and no top coat.

A bit of a brassy gold that looks nice over the pink shade. I did get a bit of a smudge on the pinkie that I am just now noticing. Doh! I love it when I proof my mistakes AFTER I've edited the photos. *headdesk*





Essie Luxe Effects Summit of Style


This is two coats of a bronze-y gold that just kills! This is from the 2014 additions to their Luxe Effects line. Some call it a rose gold, and I can see that, too. Meanwhile this is quite gorgeous.

No top coat, might need two to really smooth it down, though.





Essie Luxe Effects Rock at the Top


I somehow forgot to put a base on this, but in the comp you can see it with the pearl.

This is two coats and no top coat. I want to add that the base on these Essie's is really quite manageable. Sometimes with glitters you get these thick, viscous, high volume bases and it makes it highly unwieldy to manage the glitters. This really is a good combination.

I hope that Essie does more of these, they are both beautiful and effective.




Milani Gold


Two coats and no top coat.

This is what I had hoped that Maybelline Pot of Gold would be. I think if I'd arranged a third coat, I'd have gotten full coverage. It is a disco inferno, baby!



Here's the comps:



Same order:
  • Maybelline Pot of Gold - 2 coats
  • Essie Summit of Style - 2 coats
  • Essie Rock at the Top - 2 coats
  • Milani Gold - 2 coats

All are over Rimmel Crushed Pearl.


It's nice to have gold glitter, it's a neutral, a staple, if you will.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D