Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Comparison: Creme Taupes Part II

Here's part two of my creme taupe swatches.

These are all taken under a daylight corrected lamp.


Maybelline Express Finish - Cocoa Bean
I found this one with Touch of Taupe at the Dollar Tree. Thick, but pretty!

No shimmer here, just pure creamy goodness.

This is two coats and it dried very well.




Sally Hansen - Brownstone Cream
This might be the odd man out, but, it is in the same family!

Not bad, though, once dried.

It pulls a little to the pink spectrum, so it's on the verge. And on another day, I'd scoop it up with the browns.




OPI - You Don't Know Jacque!
The one that started it all? Who knows, it's a legendary polish.


This one is very nice, about three coats, if I recall.

I'd say the darkest of the bunch I've got here.

Frankly, I kind of love the whole France collection by OPI. This one seems to be the rock star of that collection.




Maybelline - Tassled Taupe
Perhaps the best for last?
Dark, rich, and has a gold/red/green shimmer to dive into!
China Glaze's Ingrid from the new Vintage Vixen Collection has gold shimmer on a taupe, but it is lighter and has none of the zest and nuance of Tassled Taupe.
Sorry!
Old particles Rule!
(Enlarge photo and dive into the shimmer!!!)


Mmmmm...Shimmery Tastiness!

Now, that is some schooling on some shimmer!

ps. I can't speak on dupes of China Glaze Ingrid from the Vintage Vixen Collection, as I don't own it, but honest opinion from eyeballing photos on the interwebz? This shimmer has more ziiiiing, because it's old school, and not just gold, that's just my bias.




The Roundup:

From left to right:
Cocoa Bean
Brownstone Creme
You Don't Know Jacque
Tassled Taupe

Brownstone Creme is close, but a bit redder.



Bottle shot:


As you can see "taupe" is a loose configuration, I think it's pretty much a cool brown, to me real taupe is much cooler, but hey, who am I?  I'm not naming polishes.

Thanks for looking at my little nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. wow i really like the maybalene one! maybe they have that at the dollar tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have and love Sally Hansen Brownstone Creme! Love how yummy that Maybelline looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I still see lonely bottles of Brownstone Creme around, it's the last to go at a Dollar Tree!
    Yeah, Tassled Taupe is the best! Maybelline and SH were cranking out some nice polishes back in "the day" (whenever that was!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D