Thursday, August 19, 2010

Black Holo: Golden Rose

A very nice lady with equally awesome nails posted some photos of Golden Rose nail polish on the Makeup Alley Nail Board.
It was pretty fab!

I hustled on over and ordered me some of that goodness!

Goldenroseusa.com has very good customer service. I will say that the images of the nail polish is a bit of a crap shoot. I got about 4-5 polishes.
These are EU polishes, so they are 3-Free and have that particular smell like airplane glue. I found that in my Orly Sweet polishes.
For disclosure's sake: I bought these myself. Period.

Ok. So the bottles are tiny, 6 ml and needed about 10 or so drops of Poshe' thinner, fine with me!

This color is 119.

This is a black w/holographic pieces. I feel like the holo particles are more diffuse than something like a certain unmentionable legendary OPI polish, more like the Sally Hansen Tourmaline I just had on.
Enough to give you that holo happiness moment, but not enough to transfix you while you are driving, hence causing erratic distracted driving! ("Yeah! Hence!")


I used 3 coats, but had drying problems and also, sadly dinged two fingers after I thought it was dry, so it didn't stay on to give much experience with wear time.

Meanwhile, I've got a few more of these that need to be swatched. They are quite a deal, though!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

ps I love comments and email, so if you have any questions holler!

5 comments:

  1. this is really cute. and they aern't that expensive.. going over to that website...when i'm not broke..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!

    I forgot to add the little bottle means a little brush, so that was a challenge. I felt like I had to keep my hand particularly still b/c it was so short.

    For the price though, you get that holo moment.

    I've emailed questions to them, and the lady who runs the site has been super helpful.

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty, do you know where I can purchase this polish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle!
    I found mine at www.goldenroseusa.com
    Look under Nails, then Lacquers, and it's the holographic ones in the small square bottles with white tops.
    They are about $2 a bottle.
    I'm not affiliated, I just found them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D