Friday, June 18, 2010

Holo For Homebodies

The now-rare Kaleidoscope collection by China Glaze may be the stuff of legends, but it never had a light pink holo.
So I layered one.

Here are the ingredients for cooking up your own treats.

2-3 coats of a sheer/frosty pink that is fairly light. This is Elle 2 Elle by LDL (European brand found at Ross, these packs are $4.99 for 9 polishes, and because they are made for EU markets, they are 3 free! Plus they are loaded with fun nail polish action at a price that makes it just all the more fun to use them for frankens or goofball layering experiments), it's a frost, but so sheer, it looks like strawberry juice
2-3 coats of a sheer creamy color, this one is L'oreal's Private Party. It's got some gritty glittery stuff in it, too.
3-4 coats of Cover Girl City Lights.

Here's the fresh-out-of-the-oven goodness:



I topped it off with a quick dry. LDL polishes dry quickly enough, too. I like L'oreal in general and this polish suited well.

Here's a little close-up!

(mmmmm particle goodness!)


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D